Where did I eat?
The Sea Shack at 6 Executive Park Road on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
What do they specialize in?
What was the vibe?
East coast seafood dive.
What did I eat?
Soft Shell Crab
- Soft shell crab is native to South Carolina waters so it was one of my food goals to eat some while travelling.
- I really liked these because they were fried and super crunchy on the outside and had a briny flavour to them.
- I was a bit disappointed in the hush puppies served with the plates because they were overly dense for my liking.
- My favourite side of the day was the coleslaw, which was cool and creamy and a nice contrast to all the fried seafood
- The grouper, which is a slightly fatty white fish was also very good and noticeably fresh.
- One of my favourite ways to prepare fish is blackened so I loved the crisp exterior and spicy coating of flavours on the fish
The Sea Shack is an unassuming little place but worth checking out for fresh authentic South Carolina seafood.