Where did I eat?
Strathcona Beer Company at 895 E Hastings Street in Vancouver.
What do they specialize in?
Craft beer and pizza.
What was the vibe?
Modern, clean, bright.
What did I eat?
- I always appreciate cute beer flights and I loved that this one was shaped like a long board.
- I love the selection of beer available at Strathcona as they have several rotating taps and lots of variety to choose from.
- When I visited my favourite was the fresh hop pale ale, which was a seasonal release.
- I also enjoyed the Strathcona Gold which is one of their signature beers as it is smooth but flavourful.
- I normally don’t expect the food to be very good at breweries as the focus is on the beer, but I was pleasantly surprised by how good this pizza was.
- The crust was thin and chewy, just how I like it.
- I loved this modern take on a Hawaiian pizza which was made with capicola instead of ham and elevated the quality of this pizza beyond your typical ham and pineapple. The hint of spice from the drizzle of jalapeno cream and the crunchy pistachios were also a nice and unique touch.
I thoroughly enjoyed the pizza and beer at Strathcona Brewing and it is now one of my favourite breweries in Vancouver. The inside of the brewery is also the nicest one I’ve been to and has a similar atmosphere to a bar or restaurant and not a warehouse like many other breweries.