Where did I eat?
Virtuous Pie at 583 Main Street in Vancouver.
What do they specialize in?
Vegan pizza and ice cream.
What was the vibe?
Bright, hipster, small.
What did I eat?
Stranger Wings – bianca, spicy buffalo cauliflower, crisp fried shallots, blue cheese drizzle, scallion
- I will admit I walked in a skeptic not beliving that vegan pizza could be that good, but I was surprised by how much I enjoyed my pizza.
- The crust was thin and chewy, just how I like it.
- The spicy buffalo cauliflower had a “meaty” texture to it and a hint of spice.
- I was impressed to learn that they make their own vegan cheeses here and I loved the “blue cheese” drizzle as it had the same pungent flavour of regular blue cheese.
- Another thing I really liked was how interesting and unique their topping options are. Vegan food is boring if you just stick to the same old veggies so I appreciate how they put thought into providing customers with interesting flavour combinations.
Coconut Matcha Ice Cream
- A lot of vegan ice cream is chalky and dry, but the consistency of this ice cream was smooth and creamy.
- The coconut matcha flavour was great for a palate cleansing refreshing treat after the meal.
- My only complaint was the gluten free cone that I paid an extra $2 for. It was gross and tasteless and I would highly recommend skipping it and just getting a bowl.
The vegan pizza here is surprisingly delicious, even for a big meat eater like me, and I would be happy to eat it again.