Where did I eat?
Glowbal at 590 W Georgia Street in Vancouver.
What do they specialize in?
Contemporary West Coast cuisine.
What was the vibe?
Elegant, modern, beautiful.
What did I eat?
- They have several different fruit syrups available to make different types of mimosas including peach, raspberry, pomegranate, and classic orange.
- There is a special cart that the bar tender brings around to make customizable caesar drinks. You can create it by selecting your liquor, hot sauce, spice rim, and toppings ranging from bacon, lobster tails, stuffed olives, and pickled vegetables.
- My creation was made with gin and bacon salt and was topped with bacon, pickled asparagus, shrimp, celery, and a stuffed pepper.
- I thought the concept of this was really fun and something unique that I haven’t seen done elsewhere.
- Taste wise I enjoyed the drink and would probably go for the same creation next time.
- When dining at Glowbal during brunch hours they bring out complimentary blueberry muffins to the tables.
- These were cute and a good little snack to keep me from being too hangry.
Lobster Eggs Benedict
- I had to try the most excessive plate on the brunch menu so the lobster benedict immediately caught my eye.
- At first I was unsure of how to eat it, but they give you a little prong to pull out the lobster meat and then I cut it up with the benedict.
- The eggs were poached perfectly soft as requested and I was happy to see some good oozing action.
Spinach Florentine Eggs Benedict
- This was a special made with sautéed spinach.
- The roasted potatoes served alongside the benedicts were amazing. I love potatoes with the skin still on because they get super crispy.
Belgian Waffles – caramelized bananas, white chocolate mousse
- I really enjoyed the waffles as they are the perfect sweet indulgent brunch item.
- The caramelized bananas were quite sweet but balanced out by the fresh fruit and berries.
- The waffles were cooked well and crispy on the outside while being pillowy soft on the inside.
Disclosure: I did not pay for my meal.
I enjoyed my brunch at Glowbal and I think they make really well executed classic brunch dishes. I also loved the concept of the caesar cart and would recommend ordering one if you visit.