Where did I eat?
Ajuker Fried Chicken at 101-508 Clarke Road in Coquitlam.
What do they specialize in?
Korean fried chicken.
What was the vibe?
Random home-style vibe.
What did I eat?
- This is just their basic no frills fried chicken.
- The meat was juicy and the batter was super crispy, however I found this version lacking seasoning and to be bland compared to the other dishes that were ordered.
Fried Chicken with Sweet Soy Sauce
- This was my favourite fried chicken of the night and a must order if you visit.
- The sweet soy sauce adds saltiness and a hint of sweetness which I think is the perfect flavour combination for fried chicken.
- I also liked that it wasn’t overly saucy so you could still appreciate the chicken flavour and the batter didn’t get soggy.
Fried Boneless Chicken with Green Onions
- This was my other favourite dish of the night because it was boneless and easy to eat.
- I liked the fresh crisp flavour the green onions added to the chicken. It was also served with a dipping sauce, which was good, but a bit hard to eat.
- I really did not like the seafood pancake here and wouldn’t order it again.
- It was too soggy and not crisp enough for my liking.
Buttered Corn with Cheese
- I love the simplicity of this dish. It’s just butter, corn, and cheese and it is as good as it sounds.
- The sweet flavour of the corn compliments the cheese nicely and the hot plate it is served on crisps it up.
Fried Chicken in Sweet and Spicy Sauce
- I found this sauce too overwhelming and messy. The first few bites were good, however it quickly became too sweet and I grew sick of the flavour.
Grilled Boneless Chicken with Cheese
- This dish was a nice break from all of the fried battered chicken. It isn’t quite as memorable as the fried version, but the chicken was very juicy and it had a nice smokey wok flavour from the hot plate.
A few of the dishes were misses, but the soy sauce chicken is some of the best fried chicken I have ever had and I would definitely return to eat more.