Where did I eat?
The Ramenman at 841 Bidwell Street in Vancouver.
What do they specialize in?
What was the vibe?
Cute, small, trendy.
What did I eat?
Vegetarian x Miso – Shiitake Mushroom and Smoked Kombu Broth with 63 Degree Egg, Corn, Bamboo Shoot, Green Onion, Cabbage, Crispy Lotus Root, Chili Pepper Oil, and Black Pepper
- I was surprised by how flavourful the vegetarian broth was. It had depth and was rich with a pleasant thick texture
- The 63 degree egg was a nice touch that I have never seen in ramen before. It disintegrated into the broth and added an extra layer of indulgence.
Chicken x Regular with Pork and Chicken Char Siu – Ramen Egg, Bamboo Shoot, Japanese Leek, Green Onion, Black Pepper, Garlic, Green Onion Oil
- The chicken broth was very good and had a thick rich texture, but I still prefer the flavour of pork broth better.
- I really liked the noodles here because they were thin and bouncy.
- The pork and chicken char siu were both very good and I would recommend getting one of each for variety.
- The ramen egg was slightly more firm that I would have liked, but was still decent and slightly salty from the marinade.
The Ramenman makes a good bowl of ramen that is comparable to the other top ramen places in the area. I still prefer pork broth the best though so it is not the top contender for my favourite spot.