Where did I eat?
Kimbab Cheonguk at 341 North Road in Coquitlam.
What do they specialize in?
Kimbab (which is sort of like the Korean version of sushi) and Korean food.
What was the vibe?
Homey, small, busy.
What did I eat?
Kimchi Kimbab – filled with kimchi, fish cake, carrot, cucumber, burdock, egg, yellow radish
- I’ve tried several of the different kimbab they have here and the kimchi one is by far my favourite. The kimchi makes the inside moist and gives it a hint of tangy flavour.
- I love the combination of ingredients inside. There are so many textures and flavours going on with the soft rice and fish cake and all the crunchy vegetables.
- The rolls are massive and not like your typical Japanese style maki roll. One roll would be enough for one person.
- This is a must get if you visit.
Al Bab – Hot stone bowl with seaweed, cheese, picked radish, tuna, fish roe, cabbage
- Anything that comes in a stone bowl is guaranteed to be delicious. I love the crispy texture it gives the rice after it sits in the bowl for a while.
- The combination of ingredients sounds a bit strange at first. Cheese with fish roe? But once you mix it all up it worked and proved to be a delicious combination.
I love Kimbab Cheonguk and come back all the time for the kimbab when I want a cheap, but satisfying meal.