Where did I eat?
Cinnamon Bear Bar and Grille at the Hilton Hotel in Whistler.
What do they specialize in?
Pacific Northwest cuisine.
What was the vibe?
Comfortable, lodge-style, cozy.
What did I eat?
- I love gazpacho and this was a refreshing and light way to start the meal
- There were a lot of shrimp in the gazpacho so you got one in each mouthful
BC Dungeness Crab Cake with Mango Salsa and Chipotle Aioli
- The crab cakes were very meaty and consisted mostly of crab with no filler
- I liked the sweetness of the mango salsa with the crab meat, but I found the chipotle aioli to overwhelm the delicate crab flavour
Kale and Quinoa Salad with Organic Wheat Kernels, Toasted Pumpkin Seeds, Cranberries, and Spiced Almond Dressing
- I really liked this salad because I like the heartiness that quinoa adds and I like kale as a base for salads
- There was a diverse mix of textures ranging from the crunchy seeds to the sweet cranberries
Grilled Tenderloin of Alberta beef with Nova Scotia Lobster, Scallop, Asparagus and a Maltaise Sauce
- The tenderloin was cooked just how I liked it and came out rare, juicy, and very tender
- Everything on this plate was good and all the flavours worked well together. You can’t go wrong with lobster and steak.
S’mores, Creme Brûlée, and Tiramisu
- My favourite of the desserts was the little pot of s’mores. It had a rich chocolate flavour and was topped with velvety toasted marshmallows.
- I liked the cute added touch of the cinnamon bear cookie on the creme brûlée
Disclosure: I did not pay for my meal.
The food at Cinnamon Bear Bar and Grille was good and I left satisfied. They aim to be a comfortable restaurant and I think they do a good job at executing classic dishes well that would appeal to a wide range of visitors at the hotel.