Where did I eat?
The Captain’s Boil at 1226 – 8338 Capstan Way in Richmond.
What do they specialize in?
What was the vibe?
Casual, cute, nautical.
What did I eat?
- The way it works is you select different types of seafood by the pound and you can add additional items such as potatoes, sausage, corn etc. with your selected mix of spices and heat level
- I was able to sample a large portion of the menu and my favourite items were the king crab legs, prawns, and corn
- The captain’s boil spice is a mixture of Cajun spice, lemon pepper, and garlic. At first it is good, however, it is quite strong and overwhelming if you are eating large amounts of seafood.
- I found the medium heat to have a good balance of flavour.
- A lot of people get crawfish, but I hate them because the meat is always mushy and I don’t think they are worth the work it requires to crack them open.
- I also surprisingly really liked the fries they were crunchy and coated in seasoning.
Disclosure: I did not pay for my meal.
The seafood at Captain’s Boil tastes good and it’s a fun place to go for a special occasion and novelty, but not the type of place I would go on a regular basis.