Where did I eat?
Victory Seafood in Crystal Mall at 4500 Kingsway in Burnaby.
What do they specialize in?
Chinese food and dim sum.
What was the vibe?
I was invited here for a private Chinese Bites dim sum tour to sample their dim sum menu.
What did I order?
- We sampled 37 different dim sum dishes so I got a good taste of the whole menu.
- Most of the dishes were standard of what you would find at any dim sum place. All of the classics like siu mai, har gow, rice rolls, bao, were fine, but not memorable.
Steamed Red Rice Rolls with Shrimp
- This was one of their special dishes and something that I have never seen before
- Unfortunately this dish looks more interesting than it tastes. The rice roll tastes the same as any other roll and it lacked flavour.
- I have a sweet tooth and always like to end a dim sum meal with egg tarts.
- These were pretty good. They came out warm and the pastry was flakey and the custard was rich.
Most of the food at Victory Seafood decent although nothing stood out as anything special to me.