Where did I eat?
Chachi’s inside of Metropolis at Metrotown.
What do they specialize in?
Sandwiches, salads, and sides.
What was the vibe?
What did I order?
Lemonade and House-Made Chips
- The lemonade was good. It was slightly sweet, tangy, and refreshing.
- The house made chips were really good. They were kettle style and super crispy and paired well with the sandwiches.
Philly Cheesesteak – beef, peppers, onions, and melted cheese
- This was one of my favourite sandwiches of the day.
- It wasn’t anything fancy, but the classic combination worked well and was served warm.
Regular and Spicy Mac and Cheese
- I was honestly surprised by how good the mac and cheese is here. I hate mac and cheese that is baked too long and dry, but this was gooey, melty, saucy mac and cheese so I really liked it.
- The spicy version isn’t too spicy, but the capicollo gives it an extra layer of flavour and texture from the meat.
Asiago Caeser, Arugula, and Kale Salad
- My favourite was the kale salad made with dill ranch, bacon, and chicken. It was creamy and rich, but not too heavy and I would definitely order it again.
- The asiago caeser was a solid caeser salad. It wasn’t anything out of the ordinary, but if you like caeser salads you will enjoy this.
- I did not care for the arugula salad because the balsamic dressing was too sweet and overwhelming.
Pork with Mac – pulled pork, sweet chili barbecue sauce, and mac and cheese
- I love it when sandwiches are filled with random carbs and obscure things so I was into this sandwich.
- The pulled pork was tender, smokey, and slightly sweet and worked well with the cheesy flavour of the mac and cheese.
Banh Mi – beef brisket, asian marinade, pickled carrots, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic aioli
- I didn’t care for this sandwich because it didn’t remind me of a real banh mi sandwich. The meat was too saucy and the flavours just didn’t work.
Disclosure: I did not pay for my meal.
Chachi’s makes solid sandwiches and salads that don’t taste like fast food even though it’s in a food court. The prices are steep compared to other options, but the quality is there.