Where did I eat?
Bubble Waffle Cafe at 2279 West 41st Avenue in Vancouver.
What do they specialize in?
Bubble waffles, Taiwanese food, and customizable noodle soups.
What was the vibe?
Small, bright, fun.
What did I order?
Bubble Waffles – Cinnamon, Matcha, and Cheesecake
- The texture of the bubble waffles was good. They were crispy on the outside and soft inside.
- Unfortunately I didn’t care for any of these flavours. The cheesecake and matcha were so subtle you could barely distinguish what flavour they were. The cinnamon on the other hand was way too strong and tasted like cinnamon candies, which I hate.
- The chicken nuggets here were pretty good and a nice snack before our noodles.
- I also liked the Taiwanese sausage and takoyaki, but wasn’t a fan of the stinky tofu
- For my soup I went with laksa broth, rice noodles, spam, beef brisket, corn, and fish tofu
- The broth was rich, creamy, and packed some spice to it. I was satisfied with my choice.
- All of the toppings were good. The meat wasn’t overcooked and the fish tofu was delicious.
Disclosure: I did not pay for my meal.
Bubble Waffle Cafe makes solid customizable noodle soup, but their bubble waffles were disappointing.