Where did I eat?
Duffin’s Donuts 1391 E 41st Avenue in Vancouver.
What do they specialize in?
Donuts, fried chicken, and various random items like tortas, pho, and diner food.
What was the vibe?
Cafeteria-style, dingy, outdated.
What did I order?
- I was really impressed with the donuts here. These aren’t fancy hipster donuts with crazy flavours, just classic types like boston cream, jelly filled, and honey dip.
- They make the donuts here daily and they taste fresh and delicious.
- My personal favourites were the custard and jelly filled glazed donuts.
- The donuts are really cheap. I think they are cheaper or the same price as Tim Horton’s and they taste 10x better.
Fried Chicken and Spring Rolls
- The fried chicken was better than I was expecting it to be. The skin was very crisp and not too greasy. The chicken inside was also still juicy.
- I probably wouldn’t get a spring roll again. I like spring rolls that are fresh out of the deep fryer and I found these were a little soggy from sitting in the warmer.
- I like really thin style onion rings so I was pretty satisfied with these.
- They were crunchy and not soggy.
- The tortas here are decent, especially for the price, but definitely not the best I’ve had.
- The pulled beef filling with avocados was tasty, but the bread was a little too stale and dry.
I love Duffin’s weird random dive atmosphere, their cheap prices, and the fact that it’s open 24 hours. I would recommend sticking to the deep-fried items and I would definitely make a trip back here for some late night fried chicken and donuts.