Where did I eat?
One Under at 476 Granville Street in Vancouver.
What do they specialize in?
Pizza and golf simulators for parties.
What was the vibe?
Busy, fun, loud.
What did I order?
The Wiseman – Glenmorangie single malt, marschino, fernet branca, chocolate bitters
- If you like scotch then you will like this cocktail because of its simplicity.
- I noticed a slight chocolate note from the bitters and thought it went well with the scotch
- They have beer flights available and a good selection of craft beer on tap
Pulled Pork Sliders
- The brioche buns were buttery and soft and had a slight sweetness to them
- The pulled pork was good. It was tender and there was the right amount of sauce on it
Burrata Cheese Plate
- The portion size of the burrata cheese plate was small, however, everything on the plate was really good
- Burrata and prosciutto are always delicious and you can’t really go wrong
- There needed to be more bread to eat with all of the items on the platter because burrata isn’t really something you can just nibble on its own
Spicy Sausage and Soppressata
- We sampled several of their pizzas throughout the night, but my favourite one had spicy sausage and soppressata on top
- It had a good amount of meat that made it delicious, but not too one-dimensional and salty
- I liked the arugula on top because it helped balance out the fatty meat
- The pizza crust was nice and thin and had a good char to it.
- Overall One Under makes a pretty solid pizza
Disclosure: I did not pay for my meal.
I am not into golf, but the simulators would be fun for a large outing and the pizzas and beer are pretty legit. If you download the BiteBC app you can get 2 for 1 meals from Monday to Friday at One Under.