Where did I eat?
The Portside Pub at 7 Alexander Street in Vancouver.
What do they specialize in?
East coast style pub food.
What was the vibe?
Nautical, cozy, dark.
What did I order?
- The beer flights here come with your choice of four beers and a shot of Jameson
- The Portside has a solid selection of local craft beer on tap and a good range of different styles of beer
- I really liked the house lager they have on tap. It was refreshing and light and I would recommend trying it.
- I have never had garlic fingers before, but essentially it is a flatbread topped with garlic, cheese, and Halifax donair sauce
- I was surprised by how delicious this was. The Halifax donair sauce was unique, creamy, rich and slightly sweet.
- This is a fun appetizer to share and something that you can’t find at just any pub.
Pot Roast Sandwich
- The pot roast meat was very tender
- I liked the baguette that it was served on because it held up to the meat and didn’t get soggy
Mac and Cheese
- I was impressed to learn that the Portside actually makes their own cheese in-house.
- The mac and cheese was very good. It was creamy and had a gooey moist texture that didn’t get too dry from baking in the oven
Bacon Ice Cream Sandwich
- I really like salty and sweet flavour combinations so I liked the smokey bacon element of the dish
- The sandwich was a bit hard to eat as the cookie was quite hard and the soft ice cream squished out the sides easily
Disclosure: I did not pay for my meal.
The Portside Pub makes above average pub food and I loved the cozy and cute nautical atmosphere. They also host a rock paper scissors tournament on Wednesday evenings that is surprisingly fun and entertaining.