Where did I eat?
Fraser Park Restaurant at 4663 Byrne Road in Burnaby.
What do they specialize in?
German inspired diner food and breakfast.
What was the vibe?
Busy, dingy, homey.
What did I order?
German Deluxe – three scrambled eggs with peppers and cheese, hash browns, sausage, bacon, ham, one potato pancake, toast, schnitzel and gravy
- The scrambled eggs were so good. The eggs were light, fluffy, and not overcooked and the peppers and cheese added tons of flavour.
- The meat that comes with this breakfast puts all other breakfast places to shame. Everything was salty, fatty, and delicious. I especially loved the sausage.
- The potato pancake was also very good. It was different than other potato pancakes I have had as it was mixed with some other vegetables and spices and it had much more flavour.
- The only thing I wasn’t crazy about were the hash browns. They didn’t seem fresh and the potatoes were a bit soggy and bland.
- This massive breakfast feast is only $11.50 and probably the best deal around
Schnitzel with gravy
- The schnitzel has a light and crisp coating on the outside and wasn’t too greasy
- The meat was tender, but could have been more tender in my opinion
- The gravy was the perfect accompaniment to the schnitzel and was delicious when smothered all over the meat
Fraser Park Restaurant makes one of the most memorable and delicious breakfasts I have had in Vancouver. The prices are also super reasonable and the wait on weekends is worth it.