Where did I eat?
Waffle Frenzy at 420 Richards Street in Vancouver.
What do they specialize in?
Waffles and waffle sandwiches.
What was the vibe?
Bright, minimalist, small.
What did I order?
I was invited by Bite BC to sample several dishes from Waffle Frenzy. If you download the Bite BC app and subscribe you can get two for one waffles or 50% off one item if you are dining alone.
- I love waffle fries and get excited when I see them on a menu because they are hard to come by.
- The coating on the fries was a bit too starchy and sticky, which lead to them not being as crisp as I would have liked.
Chicken and Waffles Sandwich
- Waffle Frenzy does a sandwich take on chicken and waffles that is made with fried chicken, lettuce, tomato, mayo and a sweet and tangy sauce
- The fried chicken inside was perfectly crispy and very juicy and moist
- I liked eating this as a sandwich form. It was simple, but good and I could see myself eating it again.
Fruit and Nutella Waffles
- Waffle Frenzy has lots of different topping options including these classic fresh fruit and whipped cream and banana Nutella flavours.
- I was a bit disappointed in the actual waffles used to make these. They were not as crispy and light as I would have liked and found them to be too dense.
- I have no complaints about the toppings. The fruit was ripe and fresh and there was a good amount to cover the whole waffle.
- The Oreo waffle was pretty simple. It is just topped with whipped cream and crushed up Oreos.
- If you enjoy Oreo flavoured things you will like this, but otherwise the flavour was a bit one-dimensional
- Waffle Frenzy makes custom order waffle cakes for special occasions. They can do multi layered cakes with different toppings and ice cream.
- This was by far my favourite thing of the day and it was really delicious. If you are visiting with a few people this is definitely worth getting.
- The waffles in this cake were crisper than the other ones we tried, which made me enjoy it more.
- I loved the combination of matcha ice cream, whipped cream and fruit, which was sweet, but not overwhelming
Disclosure: I did not pay for my meal.
While the regular waffles didn’t blow me away, I enjoyed the waffle cake and the sandwich and would recommend trying these items.