Where did I eat?
Man Ri Sung Korean Restaurant in Aberdeen Centre in Richmond.
What do they specialize in?
Korean and Chinese food.
What was the vibe?
I was invited here for a ChineseBites media dinner to sample several of the chef’s signature dishes.
What did I order?
- Peking duck is their signature menu item that the chef is very proud of. He came out and carved the duck for us.
- This version was quite meaty and very tender, which I liked because some versions of peking duck have much smaller slices of meat.
Duck Hot Pot with Cut Noodles
- When you order the peking duck they make a soup with the leftover meat and broth
- The flavour of the broth was delicious and rich from the duck meat
- The seafood pancake was the perfect thickness so it was warm on the inside without being soggy and crisp on the outside
Korean BBQ LA Ribs
- Short ribs are always one of my favourite dishes at Korean restaurants and these ones didn’t disappoint
- They were very meaty and tasted great with the fried onions and mushrooms
Pan Fried Squid
- I enjoyed the spicy flavour of the sauce in this dish
- I didn’t really like the elements of the dish because I am not a fan of eating cucumbers that are warm and the squid was a bit too rubbery for my liking
Cabbage and Pork Hot Pot
- I got really excited that there was spam in this hot pot because I have an unhealthy obsession with it
- The broth was flavourful and full of tons of veggies and different contrasting textures
Spicy Stir Fried Chicken
- They bring this dish out to you on a hot plate and it cooks at the table (I forgot to take an after shot)
- This dish was very spicy, which I liked and was one of the most flavourful dishes of the night
- The boneless pieces of batter fried chicken were quite large and juicy, however I wish the batter had been slightly less thick and more crisp
- The sauce tasted like a more tangy and less sweet version of a sweet and sour sauce
- This dish was made with fresh hand cut noodles that had a nice chewy texture and tasted much better than your average chow mein type noodles.
- The flavours of this dish were simple and mild, which was a nice contrast to the rest of the spicy food we were eating
Disclosure: I did not pay for my meal.
Man Ri Sung makes great Chinese and Korean food and is worth checking out for their peking duck.