Where did I eat?
Kwong Chow Congee and Noodle House at 3163 Main Street in Vancouver.
What do they specialize in?
Congee and noodles.
What was the vibe?
Dingy, crowded, busy.
What did I order?
Wonton with Noodles
- The wontons were juicy, big, and filled with pork and shrimp
- This was a simple, yet satisfying dish that satisfied my wonton soup expectations
- The Chinese donut was good. It was warm greasy and crispy.
- I was pleased with the consistency of the congee
- The chicken in it was not the best quality, the pieces were awkwardly large, and the meat was overcooked so I probably wouldn’t get this specific one again.
Soy Sauce Rice Rolls
- These were my favourite item of the meal and I couldn’t stop eating them.
- They had that nice wok fried smokey flavour to them and a well balance sauce flavour that was slightly sweet
- The portion size was large and filling
The food here was good and can satisfy a congee craving, but not great. I think I still prefer Congee Noodle House for Chinese comfort food. The restaurant was also a bit dirty, which was a turn off for me.