Where did I eat?
Kin Kao Thai Kitchen at 903 Commercial Drive in Vancouver..
What do they specialize in?
What was the vibe?
Modern, minimalist, busy.
What did I order?
- The pork belly was deep fried and super crispy without being too greasy
- There was a good meat to fat ratio which provided the optimal amount of fatty flavour
- The chili dipping sauce was amazing and super flavourful and I couldn’t stop eating it
Green Curry with Chicken
- The curry sauce was made with coconut milk, garlic, chili, ginger, Thai eggplant, bamboo shoots, mint leaves, fish sauce, and Thai basil
- Compared to most Thai restaurants there was more meat in the curry and the pieces of chicken were large and nice
- The curry had a really fragrant and spicy flavour, which I liked
Red Curry with Duck
- The duck meat was super tender and had a rich flavour to it although the pieces weren’t huge
- The curry was made with coconut milk, ginger, garlic, chili, bamboo shoots, Thai basil, and fish sauce
- The rich coconut milk went well with the duck meat and I thought this was one of the best tasting curries I have had
Kin Kao makes the best Thai food I’ve had in Vancouver and is definitely worth checking out.