Where did I eat?
Rocky Mountain Flatbread Co. at 4186 Main Street in Vancouver.
What do they specialize in?
What was the vibe?
Comfortable, rustic, bright.
What did I order?
Bruschetta – Organic House Baked Bread, Diced Marinated Vine Tomatoes, Parmesan
- The bruschetta was fresh and the tomatoes were perfectly ripe and slightly sweet
- I liked the flavourful mixture of herbs and the sharpness the cheese added to the dish
- There was a good amount of bread provided with the bruschetta
Curry Vegetable Soup
- This soup had a nice fragrant curry flavour that was mild and not spicy
- The soup was quite light, except when you hit pieces of cheese that added some richness to it
Fig and Goat Cheese Salad – Assorted Greens, Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Red Onions, Goat Cheese, Black Mission Fig Dressing, Vancouver Grown Sunflower Sprouts
- This is one of their signature salads and I really enjoyed it
- I automatically like anything with goat cheese, which ended up being the dominant flavour of the dish
- There was a good mix of vegetables and different textures in the salad
Farmer’s market flatbread – Organic Tomato Sauce l Mozzarella l Local & Seasonal Vegetables l Three Herb Pesto l Capriny Goat Cheese
- I loved the pesto and the goat cheese on this pizza, which made it very flavourful and didn’t make me miss meat at all
- I really like the crust they use for the pizza here. It is thin and nice and crunchy.
Warm double chocolate brownie – Created with Callebaut Chocolate & served with house made vanilla ice cream.
- This brownie was really good and it almost had the texture of a gooey, soft lava cake
- It was very rich and indulgent and a good size for something small and sweet after dinner
Disclosure: I did not pay for my meal.
Rocky Mountain Flatbread Co. makes good quality, simple, delicious food.