Where did I eat?
Tonkatsu Ginza Bairin at 255 Beach Walk in Honolulu, Hawaii.
What do they specialize in?
Japanese katsu dishes.
What was the vibe?
Dark, traditional, inviting.
What did I order?
Pork Tenderloin Katsu Sandwich
- I love how this sandwich doesn’t mess around with any crust or vegetables, it is just the meat and soft, fluffy, white bread.
- The pork was tender and nice and crispy on the outside.
- This sandwich is quite small, so it definitely isn’t enough for a full meal if you are really hungry, but it is a good snack/appetizer size.
Pork Katsu Oyako Don
- The portion of pork was impressive and the meat combined with the egg was delicious.
- This dish comes with a salad and miso soup to start and is much more filling than the sandwich.
Tonkatsu Ginza Bairin makes great pork katsu dishes and is a great place for lunch in Honolulu.