Where did I eat?
Yellow Dog Brewing Co. at 2817 Murray Street in Port Moody.
What do they specialize in?
What was the vibe?
Busy, industrial, loud.
What did I order?
Tasting Flight – four tasting size beers of your choice
- Some beers like their IPA and smoked porter are always available, but they have different rotating types of beer as well.
- My favourites here are always the saisons. They make batches using different fruit flavours like apricot, cranberry, and passionfruit, so they are light, fruity, and the perfect summery easy drinking beer.
- The smoked porter is really nice in small doses and has a distinct smokey flavour and isn’t too heavy.
- I’m not a big IPA drinker because I normally find the hops too overwhelming, however, Yellow Dog’s IPA seems smoother than other ones I’ve had, which I enjoyed.
- Beers are available by the glass, in tasting flights, growler refills, or in cans.
- They don’t sell food here, but they are cool with you bringing in your own food and they often have food trucks outside on weekends.
I really enjoy Yellow Dog beer and try to pick some up when I can. The inside tasting room isn’t the best ambiance, but their patio in the back is nicer and it is a good option for picking up beer to take home.