Where did I eat?
Bon’s Off Broadway at 2451 Nanaimo Street in Vancouver.
What do they specialize in?
Super cheap greasy breakfast.
What was the vibe?
Busy, dingy, old.
What did I order?
- Just your standard no frills cuppa coffee, not much to say but it was a dollar well spent.
Bacon, eggs, hash browns, and toast ($2.95)
- I love a good greasy breakfast and this is pretty much exactly what I expect in a basic super unhealthy but delicious breakfast.
- The atmosphere is old and outdated and the walls are plastered in graffiti, but it is part of its charm and the lack of ambiance almost adds to the experience.
- The bacon was cooked perfectly crispy without being overdone.
- I liked that the hash browns were big hearty pan fries as opposed to shredded or cubed processed tasting potatoes..
- As a person who loves a good deal I just couldn’t get over how cheap the meal was. It is definitely the best bang for your buck in Vancouver. You can’t even eat a McDonald’s meal for this cheap.
If you are okay with dining in a busy dumpy atmosphere, it is worth it to check out Bon’s for a super satisfying and cheap greasy breakfast.