Where did I eat?
Teote at 1615 SW 12 Ave in Portland.
What do they specialize in?
Latin American food and arepas.
What was the vibe?
Casual, spacious, festive.
What did I order?
Lime, Mint, and Cucumber Aqua Fresca
- An aqua fresca is a non-alcoholic fruit juice concoction
- This drink was super refreshing, not sweet, and perfect for a hot day
El Diablo – Pork belly and roasted poblano chileʼs glazed in a red chili maple sauce, topped with pickled onions, verde sauce, queso fresco and cilantro
- I fell in love with this dish after the first bite. It had such a bold, savoury, smokey flavour that was addictive.
- The pork belly was super tender and added a rich fatty flavour to the dish.
- This arepa wasn’t served put together and was served more like a stew with a bun for dipping.
- The arepa itself was thick and fluffy and perfect for absorbing all the meaty goodness of the dish.
The El Diablo arepa here is a must try dish that is something unique and super flavourful.