Where did I eat?
Cora at 3025 Lougheed Highway in Coquitlam.
What do they specialize in?
Breakfast with sides of fresh fruit.
What was the vibe?
Busy, loud, tacky, outdated.
What did I order?
Spinach Crepe Omelette
- This was made with a thin omelette rolled inside of a crepe like a wrap and topped with hollandaise. This dish was surprisingly bland despite all the hollandaise on top.
- The concept was interesting, but I prefer crepes and omelettes as separate entities.
- The textures of the dish were too similar so each bite was soft and slightly mushy and left me wanting for a bit of crunch to make it more interesting.
Spinach Eggs Benny
- The eggs were cooked well and served on top of a bed of steamed spinach.
- The portion of fruit and hash browns were large, but neither were memorable or something you couldn’t easily replicate at home.
I’m not sure why people rave about or line up in massive lines for Cora’s. The food is pretty average, plain, and overpriced. The fruit on the side is what you would get from a grocery store fruit salad and not worth making a big deal about.