Where did I eat?
Vij’s at 1480 W 11th Street in Vancouver.
What do they specialize in?
Modern, upscale Indian cuisine.
What was the vibe?
Casual, busy, inviting
What did I order?
Local pork belly with apple mint chutney
- I love how this appetizer comes in a cute little spoon
- The pork belly was very tender, soft, and pulled apart
- The apple flavour made this dish quite sweet and there was a hint of rich flavour from the fatty pork
- Unlimited rice and naan come with you meal so you can request for them to bring more
- The naan here is a little more dense than other naan I’ve had
- It comes out with a nice char on it
Wine marinated lamb popsicles in fenugreek cream curry on turmeric and spinach potatoes
- This is the dish that Vij’s is famous for and it is easy to see why.
- The lamb is perfectly cooked. The meat is juicy and has a wonderful flavour to it with no gaminess.
- The sauce is one of the best curry sauces I have ever had. It was very creamy and rich and it had a fragrant but mild spice flavour
The food at Vij’s is truly unique and delicious. This is a restaurant every Vancouverite should experience at least once.