Where did I eat?
Mag’s 99 Fried Chicken and Mexican Cantina at 1584 Hwy 99 in Squamish.
What do they specialize in?
Fried chicken and Mexican food.
What was the vibe?
Casual and a bit tacky/outdated
What did I order?
Fried chicken and fries
- The chicken skin was nice and crispy and not excessively greasy, which is exactly what I think a good chicken skin should be
- The meat on the inside was tender and not overcooked
- The fries were hot and fresh, but nothing out of the ordinary
Pulled Pork and Chicken Tacos
- When you order a taco you pick the meat you want and the sauce combination. For meats you choose between, ground beef, pulled beef, roasted chicken, or roasted pork. There are also a couple of vegetarian options.
- The two sauce options are a. jack cheese, lime slaw, and mint sour green or b. jack cheese, pico de gallo, baja sauce, and cilantro. I chose the first option and loved the bright flavours of the slaw and mint sour green
- Both the pork and the chicken were good, but I think I liked the pork a little more. I am always partial to pork and it had a slightly sweet flavour that I liked
Don’t get sketched out as you drive by Mag’s 99 Fried Chicken and Mexican Cantina on the way to Whistler. Give it a chance and stop by for some tasty tacos and fried chicken.