“Salad Date” is the newest dining pass from Vaneats.ca for Salad Works, a restaurant in Yaletown that specializes in salads and sandwiches.
The following items are included in the dining pass:
- Your choice ofanyCarvery Salad:
- “Grilled Chicken Caesar”, free range chicken breast, parmesan cheese, focaccia croutons, home made crispy bacon bits, caesar dressing
- “Grilled Napa Steak”, marinated AAA Alberta Steak, grapes, tomatoes, red onions, sunflower seeds, balsamic dijon dressing
- “Maple Glazed Salmon”, grilled wild BC salmon, almonds, dried cranberries, roasted yams, sliced green apple, maple syrup glaze, balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- “Grilled Malibu Chicken”, free range lemon herb chicken, strawberries, grapes, sunflower seeds, avocado, shredded carrots, avocado vinaigrette dressing
- “Asian Steak”, marinated AAA Alberta Steak, marinated chowmein, matchstick carrots, edamame, snap peas, red onions, bean sprouts, seasame seeds, nori, sriracha mayo drizzle, nutty sesame dressing
- “Grilled Tandoori Shrimp”, artichoke hearts, chickpeas, dried okra, matchstick carrots, shredded red cabbage, buttermilk ranch dressing
- “Grilled Mandarin Chicken”, mandarin oranges, fresh cucumber, matchstick carrots, dried cranberries, avocado vinaigrette dressing
- Your choice of any Gourmet Sandwich:
- “Mediterranean Chicken”, free range lemon-herb chicken, tzatziki, diced tomato, marinated red onions, feta cheese, olives
- “Garlic Roasted Porchetta”, oven roasted BC free range natural pork loin seasoned with herbs and garlic, sriracha mayo drizzle, pickled carrot, red onion and fennel, hot banana peppers
- “Marinated Asian Steak”, grilled AAA Alberta sirloin steak, matchstick carrots, red and green onions, sesame seeds, nori, nutty sesame dressing
- “Spicy Cajun Chicken Ranch”, ranch dressing, sriracha mayo, bacon, tomato
- Your choice of 2:
- Glasses of wine
- Soups of the Day
- Drinks (fountain, bottled or canned)
Grilled Malibu Chicken Salad – free range lemon herb chicken, strawberries, grapes, sunflower seeds, avocado, shredded carrots, avocado vinaigrette dressing
- I often find that many restaurants skimp out on meat when you order a salad. I was surprised by how much chicken was on this salad. It came with two full breasts that were marinated and had almost a Greek chicken flavour to it.
- I loved the sweetness that the grapes and strawberries added to the salad.
- The avocado vinaigrette was flavourful, but still light and not overwhelming.
- This is the kind of salad I could eat on a regular basis and not get sick of it.
Garlic Roasted Porchetta Sandwich – oven roasted BC free range natural pork loin seasoned with herbs and garlic, sriracha mayo drizzle, pickled carrot, red onion and fennel, hot banana peppers
- The roasted pork was full of flavour, but slightly dry
- I really liked the tangy flavours that the pickled vegetables added
- The sriracha mayo and hot banana peppers added some spice to the sandwich
- The tortilla soup was almost like a thinner chili because it had chunks of vegetables and chicken in it
- The soup was really flavourful and had a bit of spice to it, which I liked
- I liked the crunch of the tortilla chips on top, but I would recommend eating this quickly before they become soggy
The dining pass is definitely big enough for two people and you get a good amount of food for the price. The dining pass is available for purchase on Vaneats.ca for $22.
Disclosure: I did not pay for my meal.