Where did I eat?
Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria located at 1380 Commercial Drive in Vancouver.
What do they specialize in?
Neapolitan style pizzas
What was the vibe?
Casual, warm, inviting
What did I order?
Korean BBQ Pork Pizza – slow roasted spiced pork, Korean bbq sauce, fior di latte, green onion, cheddar cheese, hoisin
- At first the ingredients on this pizza sound a little weird, but they all work surprisingly well together
- The pulled pork is tender and quite mild in flavour because it wasn’t smothered in bbq sauce, which allowed the other sauces on the pizza to stand out
- I love hoisin sauce so I really liked that this was on the pizza
Fire Roasted Tomato Bisque – roasted tomato soup topped with feta cheese and basil
- This soup was very tasty and comforting
- It had a thick, rich, creamy texture and a slightly sweet taste from the tomatoes
- I liked the pop of fresh flavour the basil added
- I’ve never had feta cheese in a soup before, but it worked well and added a unique element to the soup
Paesano Fire Bread Sandwich – house made pulled pork, salsa verde, provolone cheese, rosemary lemon aioli, arugula, roasted red peppers
- I really enjoyed the flatbread this sandwich was made on. It had the same stretchy chewy texture as the pizza dough and a nice crispness to it from the oven.
- The pulled pork was the same that was used on the pizza above and was tender and soft
- This was a solid sandwich that I feel like pretty much anyone would enjoy
Yes, for a Neapolitan style pizza with unique toppings.
Disclosure: I did not pay for my meal.