Where did I eat?
Frites at 1011 Granville Street in Vancouver.
What do they specialize in?
Belgian fries and poutine
What was the vibe?
Bright, small, take out friendly
What did I order?
Pulled Pork Poutine
- The pulled pork was extremely tender and moist and they were very generous with the portion size
- The fries came out piping hot and fresh and are a thicker style of fry
- The gravy was a good consistency, not too thick and it had a nice flavour
- The fries get soggy quickly, so you have to eat the poutine fast
- If you aren’t into poutine, they have regular fries available and tons of unique dipping sauces (the rosemary one is delicious)
Frites is a good spot to go to fulfil a quick poutine craving downtown.
Disclosure: I did not pay for my meal.