Where did I eat?
Crêpe Montagne at 116-4368 Main Street in Whistler.
What do they specialize in?
French crêpes and brunch.
What was the vibe?
Casual and rustic with a bright patio
What did I order?
The Biathlon ($11)- a buckwheat crepe with bratwurst sausage, a fried egg, and diced tomatoes
- This was my first time having a buckwheat crepe. It has a more earthy, grainy taste than regular crepes and a less stretchy texture.
- I thought the buckwheat crepe worked really well with the savoury dish
- The fried egg once popped added a delicious, rich, yolky sauce to the dish
- The tomatoes were not ripe and tasted bitter
Pesto Mushroom Benedict ($14)
- The poached eggs were perfectly runny and soft
- The pesto sauce combined with the hollandaise was really good and much more flavourful and interesting than your average benny
- The hash browns were crispy, delicious, and seasoned well
Crêpe Montagne makes good crêpes and brunch, but the menu items can get a little pricy for the size.