Where did I eat?
Personas Patio, Restaurant, and Lounge at the Grandvilla Casino in Burnaby
What do they specialize in?
Sandwiches, pastas, and appetizers
What was the vibe?
Modern, spacious, sleek
What did I order?
Blackberry Smash – Captain Morgan Dark Rum, Limoncello, blackberry puree, lemon and lime juice, simple syrup, and mint
- This is like a more fruity version of a mojito
- I really liked the blackberry flavour because it added a bit of sweetness and tartness
- The batter was very light, crunchy, and not greasy or heavy
- The prawns were perfectly cooked and having their tails removed made them easy to pick up and eat
- The chili mayo was lightly drizzled on so it didn’t completely overwhelm the prawn flavour
Blackberry Brie Sandwich – grilled sourdough, brie, bacon, arugula, blackberry jam, and garlic aioli
- The bacon inside was thick and crispy and I liked the contrasting crunchy texture with the soft melty brie cheese
- The blackberry jam added a nice slightly sweet element to the sandwich
Deep Fried Oreos
- I’m not crazy about Oreos on their own, but deep frying them made them delicious
- The Oreo got was soft and gooey on the inside and the deep fried batter was crispy
- If you like indulgent desserts, you should definitely try these
Personas offers good casual food in a nice environment in Burnaby. The menu is more creative than comparative restaurants like Earls or Cactus Club.
Disclosure: I did not pay for my meal.