Where did I eat?
Bandidas Taqueria at 2781 Commercial Drive in Vancouver.
What do they specialize in?
Vegetarian Mexican fusion
What was the vibe?
Casual, hippie cafe, crowded
What did I order?
Horchata and hibiscus drink
- The horchata was creamy, smooth, and lightly spiced
- The hibiscus drink was slightly sweet and refreshing
Rocky’s Enchilada ($11.75) – three corn tortillas stuffed with cheese and black beans and topped with melted cheese and salsa verde
- The salsa verde was very flavourful and a great topping
- The black beans made for a hearty, filling, dish
4 Mixed Tacos ($9.75)
- I forget their names, but every taco I tried was very good
- Despite being vegetarian they didn’t lack flavour and I didn’t miss meat in them
- They all tasted really fresh and had a great mixture of textures
- Four tacos were very filling
The vegetarian tacos were surprisingly good and worth trying. Even if you aren’t a vegetarian.