Where did I eat?
Novo Pizzeria at 2118 Burrard Street in Vancouver.
What do they specialize in?
Neapolitan style pizza and pasta dishes.
What was the vibe?
Comfortable and contemporary
What did I order?
- The cheese was incredibly smooth and creamy
- The sweet tomatoes and earthy arugula were the perfect accompaniments
- If you have never had burrata before you must try it
- I described this as “rib flavoured jello” and I think that sums it up pretty nicely
- Very rich and buttery
- Good portion size for an appetizer
- Had an ideal amount of char on the crust to add a hint of smokey flavour
- Had a slightly salty flavour from the prosciutto
- Arugula added a nice freshness to the pizza
- Gnocchi were nice and chewy and slightly crisp on the outside
- Lemon butter sauce was good at first, but quickly became overwhelming
- A more savoury sauce would have been more enjoyable to eat
- Very indulgent with a perfectly torched crunchy topping
- The lemon flavour really brightened up an otherwise simple dish
- I loved the strawberry granita combined with it because of the contrasting textures and flavours
Novo makes good Neapolitan style pizza and it is a nice restaurant in the Kitsilano area.
Disclosure: I did not pay for my meal.