Soirette Macaron and Tea

Soirette Macaron and Tea is a tiny cafe that specializes in macarons located on West Pender near Coal Harbour. The inside is bright and inviting and pretty girly.  In their display case they have tons of different flavours of macarons and some other cute desserts like tiramisu cups.

I got a box of 12 macarons ($22). The flavours in the top row starting from the left are lemongrass, coconut, passionfruit, raspberry, rose, and orange blossom. In the second row I have matcha, cappuccino, lavender, mango black pepper, caramel fleur de sel, and malibu. While I enjoyed all of these macarons, I had a few clear favourites that really stood out to me. My top three favourites were the passionfruit, mango black pepper, and the caramel fleur de sel. I love fruity flavours and the passionfruit had a strong, sweet, fragrant flavour that really popped compared to a lot of them. I have a weakness for mango so I also enjoyed that one and I thought the addition of the black pepper was unique and interesting. The caramel fleur de sel had an amazing sweet and salty taste, which is one of my favourite flavour combinations. All of these macarons were chewy and there seemed to be plenty of filling in each of them.

Soirette impressed me with their macarons and they are now my new favourite macaron shop. They have a wide variety of flavours and they also have tons of different loose leave teas. The price here is on par with all the other macaron places and the inside of the store is adorable. I would definitely come back here again and I would like to try their tea as well.

Recommendation:

Yes, for flavourful and pretty macarons.

Soirette Macarons & Tea on Urbanspoon

Advertisements

Tags:

Categories: Bakery, Cafe, Dessert, Downtown, Vancouver

Subscribe to our RSS feed and social profiles to receive updates.

8 Comments on “Soirette Macaron and Tea”

1. holly
    June 12, 2012 at 10:52 am #

After reading your post, I really want to try their macarons. Your three favourites sound like they would be mine too. However, the challenging parking always deters me. I’m cheap and I hate pay parking.

Now, if they had their own free parking, that would be a different matter.

• June 12, 2012 at 11:17 am #

You should definitely go check them out if you are into macarons. There is some parking on some of the side streets in the area that isn’t quite as expensive as the rest of downtown.

2. Dan
    June 14, 2012 at 11:11 pm #

I got to try this place. Love the macarons at Thierry, so we’ll see how these compare.

• C
      June 25, 2012 at 8:34 pm #

I like Thierry’s too, but many of their fillings are too buttery (and there’s a lot of it). I’ve taken to wiping some of it off.

This place sounds pretty good too. I’ll definitely try it out. Thanks!

3. June 18, 2012 at 9:37 pm #

Great post! Not a big fan of macarons myself, but I know my better half will love this! And they have tiramisu, you say? Now that’s just gravy.

• June 19, 2012 at 5:47 pm #

Yep they have little cups of tiramisu and a few other non macaron desserts. You should check it out 🙂

4. June 25, 2012 at 10:23 pm #

If you are looking for artisanal Parisian macarons made in small batches with the finest ingredients, you should check out http://www.jadorelesmacarons.com

Mademoiselle Macaron was trained at le Cordon Bleu in Paris.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Macaron Day March 20, 2013 | THE FOOD QUEEN – Vancouver food news and reviews - March 8, 2013

[…] Soirette – Macarons by donation – Money raised goes to Make-A-Wish Foundation […]