Ramen Jinya

This summer I’ve discovered a love of ramen and it has become a bit of an obsession. It’s so delicious and comforting. So when I heard that a new ramen place called Ramen Jinya opened on Robson near the Vancouver Library, I was really excited to try it. Ramen Jinya’s original location is in California and they just opened up a location here.

They have a dish called Shio Tonkotsu Ramen ($10) that they only serve 20 portions of per day. So of course I fell for the gimmick and I made sure I went right after it opened to make sure I could get some. If you want to get one of the 20 bowls make sure you go for an early lunch or it will be sold out. I got there at 11:30 opening and within 20 minutes the place was very busy.

The Shio Tonkotsu ramen is made with pork broth and has pork chashu, spinach, bamboo, green onions, and fried crispy onions on top. The broth was really rich and full of flavor, it was so delicious. The pork was melt in your mouth tender and the spinach and bamboo were nice additions to the soup. The fried onions added a really nice salty flavor to the broth and it was something I’ve never had in ramen before. The noodles were perfectly cooked and there was a decent portion of them in the soup. I thought that $10 was a bit expensive for a bowl of ramen but the soup was very delicious and worth a try. I would like to come back here and try some of the other ramen.

Recommendation:

Yes if you like ramen

Ramen Jinya on Urbanspoon

Advertisements

Tags:

Categories: $$ ($10-$15), Downtown, Ramen, Vancouver

Subscribe to our RSS feed and social profiles to receive updates.

6 Comments on “Ramen Jinya”

1. September 2, 2011 at 10:56 pm #

20 bowls only? Seriously?
    I guess I need to get there right at opening, quite a gimmick it is!

2. September 2, 2011 at 11:13 pm #

Yep only 20 bowls so make sure you go soon after opening! But it’s worth going early to try the soup.

3. Sean
    October 6, 2011 at 12:54 am #

Ramen Jinya is a good bowl of ramen,oddly enough I’ve been in at 2pm and still managed to get a bowl of the special soup so its just luck I guess if your getting one of the 20 bowls

• October 10, 2011 at 11:40 pm #

Well that’s good to know you can sometimes get it later in the afternoon. I’m surprised it wasn’t sold out.

4. Edison
    October 15, 2011 at 12:22 pm #

The 20 bowls is indeed a gimmick! The waitress spilled the beans when I asked her how in the world I was able to get a Shio at 8 pm. She said, “They make oo 20 many time a day”. That being said it is still pretty good.

• October 16, 2011 at 10:01 am #

Thanks for the clarification. I suppose that makes sense, no restaurant should only sell 20 things when there is a demand for more. Well I feel slightly less special now but at least the soup was good 🙂